Book: Baroque & Rococo
- An excellent introduction to the Baroque and Rococo period, examining the style in the art and architecture of Europe, Latin America and Asia from 1570–1780.
- Includes the finest examples of the era in architecture, sculpture, paintings, prints, drawings, ceramics, furniture and interior design, and sets the art in its cultural and historical context.
- Richly illustrated by more than 200 colour reproductions, with glossary, biographies, chronology, maps and a further reading list supporting the text.
- This expansive survey is a significant academic achievement and will be a vital resource for students and art historians, as well as readers with a general interest.
- A stimulating addition to Phaidon’s respected Art & Ideas series
About The Author
Gauvin Alexander Baily is Professor and Bader Chair in Southern Baroque Art at Queens University, Kingston, Ontario. He has also taught at the University of Aberdeen, Clark University, Boston University and Boston College. Prof. Bailey has also curated a number of international museum exhibitions on Renaissance and Baroque Art in Italy, Latin America and Asia.
|Dimensions||23.5 × 14.5 × 2.4 cm|